Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Gifts.

I have received so many gifts...and I am sorry I am so behind on my thank-you cards. That aside, I wanted to share something very special that was sent to me. I have been friends with so many of you, for so many years, and Debbie is one of my oldest friends. We met in 11th grade, at a party, and we have been friends ever since. Weddings, babies, funerals...you name it. Debbie has become quite an artist over the past few years, and she made this memorial sketch for me. It is Joshua, and me in mirror image (my interpretation is I am standing in front of him, looking at his soul), a guitar, and the C scale, which represents early childhood learning of music. So many meanings in this piece. It, along with a hummingbird watercolor from a newer friend, Antoinette, and a canvas print from some friends I've known also for many years; they will create a memorial art wall for my Joshua.



No comments:

Post a Comment